Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ace's BPL Predictions... Week 18

With predictions flowing forth like the following, I cannot help but feel the need to gloat and strut around chanting "I am the greatest to ever live." I must admit I came to a crossroad in life many years ago where I asked myself what I was to do with the wonderful gift of foresight. No, I did not use it to pursue financial gain by betting on racehorses or Super Bowl games. No, I did not use it to predict and thus prevent catastrophic events. These aforementioned things pale in comparison to the success I crave for winning this blog's BPL prediction contest. Therefore, all of my efforts have been geared toward this one purpose: Beat Eugene and Dobber.


Fulham 1 Middlesbrough 1
This is an interesting match-up. In fact, I think these two teams are very similar. They both have problems with consistency. They both have decent lineups and relatively good benches. Plus, they are both well-coached. Therefore, after peeking into my crystal ball, I have foreseen a draw in this game. One of these two will break out sooner or later, just not this week.

Everton 1 Chelsea 3
The dominance of Chelsea is just too overbearing, especially for a team like Everton. I’m not really sure why I’m even giving Everton the one goal. Does it really matter though? Everton could score that one goal in the first minute of this game, and Chelsea would still win. That’s it. That’s all I have. You’re not really reading this anyway. No one reads anything about Everton.

Blackburn 1 Stoke City 0
Remember that old saying: “A cross in by Bolton!”??? Well, Big Sam was a “Big Fan” of that one. The guy could have 10 minutes of preparing an unknown team and they would come out of the locker room with eyes glazed, chanting “Crossing is good, crossing is our pal.” Stoke City will see so many crosses, they won’t even like doing the Sunday Crossword anymore. Furthermore, even after 75 crosses sent in, Blackburn will probably score from the penalty spot instead. That’s how BORING this game will be.

Newcastle 2 Spurs 0
Check out this shocker! My hatred of Spurs and everything they stand for has no bearing here (just kidding). No seriously, Magpies have been better as of late, and while Redknapp has been good so far, there’s only so much one man can do with a squad so brutally awful. I heard from Eugene that Michael Dawson made it onto the pitch last weekend versus Man United. Eugene also said that Dawson actually played well. Really? By that do you mean he didn’t score any own goals? The guy is a joke who needs sold to the K-League. Not to mention the "Ace & Gary" duo they had last week of Lennon and Bentley as their wingers. Did I just say that? Oops. Anyway, Newcastle will find a way to win this weekend at home.

Arsenal 2 Liverpool 1
Either team could potentially run the score up like the Duke Basketball team versus a Nashville Auto Diesel College intramural team. However, every time the big boys scrap it out the score is always low. 2-1 might be stretching it. A draw could be in the works also, which would suck something awful either way to be quite candid. My prediction will stand if Arsenal can squeak a goal by before the half-hour mark. If not, it will be a game fought in the midfield and will ultimately bore us all to an inch of sanity.

You feel smarter already don't you?

No comments: