Friday, December 19, 2008

Eugene's Picks(Which coincidentally are the best)!!!

I will have to admit I have never been good at predicting things (I totally missed that Obama thing) but I have decided that I will try and get these knocked out before I knock back a few. Here we go:
Arsenal v Liverpool
At first glance this game reminds me of a boring fixture between two BIG four teams. (Oops. One of these teams isn't even in the top four anymore. Sorry Gunners.) Without Torres this will be a tough one to win outright for Liverpool, so we come back to the idea that two very good teams will play to a draw. But I really do think one of these teams will get three full points from this match up. Arsenal's defense is shaky at best and their chemistry is a long way from good. Liverpool will push the tempo and control the midfield with the likes of Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard. I will take Liverpool to win: 2-1. Sidebar, why doesn't Liverpool have a cool nickname like the rest of the supposed Big Four; Chelsea are the Blues, Manchester United are the Red Devils and Arsenal are the Gunners. Hell even Aston Villa has a sweet nickname: The Villains.

Newcastle v Tottenham
Wow what a match up. Two shitty teams that switched managers and have begun to magical play better. I hate the argument that if you switch managers all of a sudden that makes the teams better. Anyways this one is easy. Harry the Great and his Tottenham warriors win this one easily. Tottenham 3 - 1 Newcastle. If i were granted $2 Billion dollars and a EPL team the first thing i would do is hire Harry Redknapp as manager. His wit, his tactics and his teeth will win more games than we will ever know. Best manager in the Premier League for my money.

Fulham v Middlesbrough

When I first looked at this game it was a no brainer that Fulham would win. After some research I am not as confident. Oh I feel like Fulham is the better team but their manager, Roy Hodgson, worries me. Seriously he was leaving their most creative player on the bench for the better part of three months. Of course I am speaking about Ace's man-crush: Clint Dempsey. Go Deuce!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am going to have to go with a very boring nil-nil draw. At least both get points.

Everton-Chelsea

I would just like to start this post by saying: Fuck Chelsea. Okay now with that out of the way this game is going to be a massacre of great proportions. Everton put up a great fight against ManCity over the weekend but had exactly ZERO fit strikers. That will not cut it boys. Even if the reports are true that Saha and Anichebe will be healthy to play against Chelsea the questions will be raised: Who are these two and does it make Chelsea even a little bit scared. The answers: Nobody and No. Chelsea win in a laugher: 3-0.

Blackburn v Stoke City
BIG SAM is back baby. Really you left Bolton for Blackburn. Wow big step up there Sam. Blackburn are terrible and nothing short of a miracle will save their season. They need points and that means only one thing: 11 men behind the ball to play defense and try for the draw. Which would suit Stoke well because they also need the points badly. If Big Sam brings the same tactics from Bolton this Blackburn team will not play the best looking football but they do have a shot, maybe one in a million shot but they do have a shot. I see this one being boring as well Blackburn 1-1 Stoke City.

I hope I am absolutely wrong on all of these predictions> Because if I am right we will have one weekend full of horrible footy.

Until next time get your beers in...........

No comments: